While, I’m not a fan of Gap clothing, I do find their online marketing to be top notch. A recent article on Ragan.com outlines how Gap is using social media to reach its customers. Here’s a snippet of how they use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and blogs.
- To build a community where customers and employees interact.
- To craft online identity, seed conversations, enhance reputation, and distribute exclusive marketing content.
- To talk to customers in real time, share content, answer questions, and lead followers to Facebook, corporate blogs, and YouTube.
- To showcase brand-appropriate video content and improve search engine results.
Corporate blog (aDressed):
- To enhance reputation with conversational posts linked to press releases, leader profiles, and relevant third-party content.
- To post leader messages, highlight corporate culture, and improve search engine results for positive content.
The full article can be found here: How Gap connects with consumers on social media